Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Comic Books

In class we read two types of comics.  A variety of Marvel and DC comics as well as more down to earth comics.  Starting with the super hero comics, many of them are early comics of the series.  From what I observed, the dialouge between characters are limited.  The mjority of the dialouge are the character's thoughts and feelings about a particular situation.  The actual dialouge is corny and uses phrases like, "Holy Calito".  The sequences are well done and gets you from panel to panel.  I found that some are hard to read and leave me to figure out the action.  The transitions go from action to action then switches to another character and their situation.  I like this format, it makes sure that I only concentrate on one character at a time.  These comics take me back to watching the Justice League and other superhero characters on t.v.  The other comic I looked at was more down to earth and related to me and everyday situations.  The stories are enjoyable and keeps me interested, especially when it relates to history.  The comic on the conquesedores and their conquest of a Native American village was intense.  Very action packed, to the point that I was dying to know what happened next.  Both genres of comics held my interest and broadened the way I looked at comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment