Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Women comics

There is one comic I read for the week of women comics.  From what we discussed in class, comics created by women address different issues such as relationships.  A film shown in the beginning and middle of class display subjects often neglected by men, simply because most men dont think of in depth feelings or relationships.  The comic I read for this week was "Dairy of a Domanatrix".  The subject matter of the comic is new to me.  The perspective of the life of a domanatrix is something I have never thought of or conceived.  Never the less, the comic is entertaining to say the least.  Panels are filled with multiple tools for a dominatrix, techniques and procedures.  It was full of surprises, just when I thought my mouth couldnt drop lower, it shows the reader how to do a vicectimy.  The character is oddly funny and clever.  A dominatrix that likes her job but sont like the customers.  She never has sex with them, she will just torture them.  Despite her profession, she has a boyfriend and in a stable relationship.  The life that this women lives is foreign yet so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment